Jesu- #231

I have laborede sore and suffered deth,

And now I rest and draw my breth.

But I schall come and call right sone

Hevene and erth and hell to doom;

And thane schall know both devil and man

What I was and what I am.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

A cold, dreary first day of the week.

I can't help it. I am an unapologetic early riser. This does not set well with 1/4th of my household. 1/2 of the household is totally indifferent to my getting up at the butt-crack of dawn. What really makes the 1/4th mad is that I do this on vacation too. I've been know to grab my camera and take off on foot for a 3 or 4 mile hike before anyone is out of bed. Well, usually the kids are starting to wake up by the time I get back. The 1/4th gets annoyed by my romp through the woods, but all is forgiven when I make biscuits and gravy. I guess that deep down inside I have a dislike for wasting daylight. The photographer in me knows that the only scenic pics worth keeping are taken in the golden hours of the day. When I was a kid, I usually had something to do by 7 o'clock- like go cut firewood, mow grass, watch cartoons. You know good kid stuff. What can I say. I don't want to sleep my life away.

No comments: